Digital Dilemma 2018 is a one day conference to be held within the Institute of Archaeology, University College London; it is an interdisciplinary conference and will cover a wide range of topics which need to be addressed considering the proliferation of digital methods within the last decade. The purpose of this conference is to further ethical considerations concerning the extraction of digital data for the display and research of human remains in museums and within academia.
This conference will cover the use of digital displays, legal ownership of creation of digital data, proper regulation and sharing of this data, the expansion in new methods and the necessity for non-digital methods. We hope that this conference will support the management of human remains and integrate digital displays effectively and ethically in museums and research.
We have now finished our programme for Digital Dilemma please click here to download it and check out all of the abstracts and the schedule for the day
Conference topics include
- Ethical consideration of digital data
- New methods in digitising data
- Necessities of destructive methods
- Digital data in Museums, research and outreach
- 8th of June Submission and Registration open
- 17th of August Submission deadline
- 7th of September Registration deadline
- 6th of October 2018 Conference date